Location: Midlands – Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire or surrounding
£35K – £47K + 15% Bonus + Company Car + Pension + Healthcare + Laptop + Mobile + 25 Days + Public Holidays + Benefits
(Starting Salary dependent on experience)
My client is a leading global provider of scientific and analytical instrumentation for a wide range of applications.
Through organic growth this well-established business now wishes to recruit a competent Field Service Engineer / Product Support Specialist to join their team.
The role will report directly to the Head of Support and will be responsible for providing hands on expertise and pre / post-sales technical support across my clients’ high performance elemental analysis range of X-Ray fluorescence products.
This position will require the successful candidate to travel throughout the UK with a focus on the Midlands and South of England.
Other duties will include:-
- Providing effective on site customer support including system installation and commissioning.
- Providing basic application support to my clients customer network.
- Responding to equipment faults and break downs.
- Providing site based and remote maintenance (preventative and reactive), fault finding and diagnostic support.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
- Attending and assisting my client at exhibitions and technical workshops.
All candidates must hold a valid UK or EU driving license and have gained 2 years proven experience within a similar service / support role.
Along with being technically competent it is essential all candidates possess the interpersonal and communication skills to build lasting relationships through inspiring trust and confidence with customers.
Other ideal requirements;
- Ability to take responsibility of the complete installation and commissioning of high specification instrumentation and train users on its basic operation and applications.
- A logical and methodical approach to fault finding including the use of diagnostic tools.
- A presentable individual who takes pride in their personal appearance.