Location: Covering London – must be based in London or surrounding counties
£35K – £41K Basic + £7K Travel Allowance + Healthcare + Pension + Life Insurance + Dental + 27 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Benefits
Fantastic training and induction program
My client is a global manufacturer of optical analysis equipment and has pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged and technically challenged, then this is the opportunity for you.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first class service and calibration support to my client’s customer base across the assigned territory.
The role will involve an average of 2-3 nights away from home per month. This will be higher in the first 12 months whilst training.
Other duties will include:-
- Calibrating, servicing and maintaining a range of high value complex surface analysis machinery and equipment.
- Providing effective on site customer support including system installation and commissioning.
- Providing site based and remote maintenance (preventative and reactive), fault finding and diagnostic support.
- Providing post-sales support and training to customers on my client’s systems and their correct use.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
The ideal candidate will have gained a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a Service Engineering role working on complex machinery/equipment.
Any experience working with Microscopes, MRI Scanners, Imaging Systems, Cytology equipment, Optics, Lasers or any other complex equipment would be highly beneficial.
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
A technical education including a HNC/HND or Degree will be beneficial but not essential.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Full UK driving Licence
- Willingness to learn.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineering, Remote Support, Remote Service Engineer, Mobile Service Engineer, Fault Find, Fault Finding, Installation, Calibration, Servicing, Commissioning, Technical Support, Electron Microscopes, Microscopy, SEM, TEM, XRD, MRI Scanners, Video Imaging Systems, Cytology, Optics, Lasers, Medical Engineer, Medical Equipment EngineerApply