Location: Worldwide travel, ideally based in Lancashire
£40K – £50K Basic + Bonus + Pension + 33 Days Holiday + Benefits + Business Class Flights (Outside of Europe)
My client has been in business for nearly 60 years, designing, manufacturing and maintaining machinery for many major companies, including some blue chip FMCG companies.
Their project team specialise in offering planned and reactive maintenance and upgrade solutions of large machinery within the food/drink/packaging industries.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are in a period of continued growth, then please apply.
Due to continued growth over the past 18 months and a solid future pipeline of work having been very busy over the last year, my client is looking for a Field based Service Engineer with experience of commercial gas, to join their existing, established team. This position will include worldwide travel and it would be highly likely for you to be out of the country for 75% of the year. There will be an initial 3 Month training period.
Other duties will include: –
- Conduct maintenance and service visits for clients, working on a variety of systems such as packaging machinery & industrial ovens
- Visiting customer sites globally
- Liaise with the sales team to ensure parts and scope of works are communicated and quoted accurately and effectively
- Producing written reports Excel & PDF format for the Customer
- Test, repair and complete remedial action plans
- Provide advice and technical support to customers
- Provide detailed site visit reports
The successful candidate will have excellent understating of maintenance engineering (Gas & Mechanical) and have previous experience of working in a field-based role. You will be proactive and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Industrial oven/burner experience, with Gas certification (COCN or Similar)
- Proven fault finding and diagnostic experience
- Knowledge and experience of industrial/commercial Gas burners
- Work as part of a team or on your own
- Highly motivated, hardworking and conscientious professional.
- Able to use own initiative providing solutions to arising problems on site
- Possesses a strong ability to work under pressure
- Able to deal with customers on site, attend daily site meetings
- Ability to read technical reports and drawings
- Good communication skills
- Presentable appearance
- Willingness to travel globally
Keywords: Maintenance, Service Engineer, Field Service, Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Multi-skilled Service Engineer, Industrial Boilers, Field Service Engineer, Field based, Mechanical, Electrical, Gas, Gas certification, Fault finding, Commercial Boilers, FMCG, Food, Drink, PackagingApply