Location: Based in the West Midlands – Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Telford, Worcester or surrounding area
£22K – £26K Basic + Overtime (x1.5) + Company Van + 5% Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits (realistic to earn an extra £7K per annum through overtime)
Mon – Fri (42.5 hours per week + Overtime available on Saturdays)
My client is a successful supplier of vehicle mounted technology and offer a diverse range of solutions for both mid-sized and large commercial vehicles.
They offer industry leading technical training and significant opportunities for career advancement.
This position will require the successful candidate to travel within their territory, maintaining my client’s reputation for excellent service.
Duties will include:-
- Conducting customer visits to complete scheduled servicing and equipment calibration.
- Promptly responding to any equipment breakdowns and faults.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved by working efficiently to deliver a fast and effective resolution to any issues.
- Attending in house training in order to develop a high level of technical expertise.
- Providing the installation and setup of new equipment.
- Fault diagnose, troubleshooting and repair.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
- Providing equipment expertise, advice, training and assistance to customers.
The ideal candidate will have gained a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a vehicle or HGV mechanic and be keen to learn and develop their career.
Knowledge of mechanical or electrical systems would be beneficial as would a related education, however this isn’t essential.
Candidates must have great customer service skills and be comfortable in front of customers.
Other skills include:
- A confident communicator.
- Full UK driving Licence.
- Willingness to travel and spend occasional nights away from home if needed.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
- A logical approach to resolving faults.
- Willingness to learn and upskill.
- Ability to remain diplomatic and professional in difficult situations.
- Physically fit.
- Well organised in your approach.