Job Ref: 114-1095
Location: South England
(Candidates can be based anywhere within the South, but ideally in the Northampton area)
£26K – £32K Basic + Bonus + Company Van + 4% Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Healthcare + Benefits + Expenses covered
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile environments. They are now the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Subsea sectors.
My client is currently in a period of steady growth and this is an opportunity for you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
My client is seeking an Installation & Validation Technician to join their existing team based in the South of England. Reporting into the Installation & Validation Manager, you will be responsible for visiting various sites across the UK and globally, to install, test and maintain contamination-controlled environments. You will be tasked with ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of installations and validation are carried out to the companies and customers expectations and standards.
This is a field-based role and will involve extensive travel to sites across the UK and abroad. (~30% of time will be spent abroad). You must be prepared for overnight stays Monday – Thursday.
Other duties will include:
- Ensure that all installations are completed to required specification and standards and on time
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure all materials and labour are available on the right site and at the right time
- Undertake sufficient training for the role
- Take a lead on installations and validations of electrical services such as HVAC systems, Filters and Lighting
- Provide support for other Installation teams on other sites
- Communicate and interact with Operations team and all other relevant departments
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed accurately and on time
The successful candidate will have experience in Electrical Engineering and have experience in field-based installation, validation or maintenance roles. You will be well organised, a good communicator and willing to travel extensively.
Other key skills include:
- Experience in 240v/415v electrical wiring and testing – desirable
- Hold an Engineering qualification – desirable
- Experience in Electrical fault finding and testing – desirable
- Hold a full UK driving licence – essential
- Willingness to travel extensively and stay away from home throughout the week – essential
- Demonstrable working knowledge of control-based systems and PLC’s
- Demonstrable experience of working and installing Steelwork and Insulated panels
- Fitting and assembly of Mechanical equipment
- Ability to offer good customer service
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal skills
- Willingness to develop personally and undertake specific training for the role
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Installation, Validation, I&V, Electrical, PLC, HVAC, Air Filters, Contamination Control, Asceptic, Construction, ISO 9001, CSCS, Steelwork, Insulated panels, Lighting