Job Ref: 119-6108
Location: Based in either Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Buckinghamshire, North London.
(Must be comfortable with UK and International travel)
Fantastic training and induction program
My client is a global manufacturer of automated laboratory / liquid handling equipment used extensively in R&D labs across the world.
They have pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry innovator, offering customised solutions and fantastic career development opportunities, they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will ensures you remain engaged and technically challenged, then please read on.
The role will require nights away from home and travel within the UK and internationally.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with the sales team to provide first class pre/post sales and application support to customers.
- Managing your own diary.
- Attending client’s site to conduct equipment demonstrations (hardware & software).
- Working with clients within pharmaceutical, academia and research.
- Handling application queries from new and existing customers.
- Supporting marketing with technical input to develop publications, training material etc.
- Delivering user training, seminars, workshops and presentations on my client’s equipment.
- Supporting sales to determine client requirements and translate these in to fit for purpose solutions.
- Providing ongoing customer support and refresher training.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise across the product range.
The successful candidate will have a passion for chemistry and be keen to learn how certain systems are suited to particular applications.
You must be educated to degree level or above within a related discipline such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering and possess a minimum of 1-2 years working within a chemical laboratory / R&D facility using automated chemistry equipment.
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Outgoing, engaging personality with the confidence to deliver training and seminars.
- Willingness to learn.
Keywords: Chemistry, Scientist, Applications Support, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Subject Matter Expert, Equipment Demonstrations, Applications Scientist, Equipment Training, User / Operator Training, Biomedical Engineering, Technical Support, R&D. Liquid Handling, Lab Automation, Laboratory Automation, Automated Lab Equipment, Laboratory Equipment