Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
£25K – £35K Basic + Share Options + Fantastic Benefits Package
Our client is a globally known chemical business with manufacturing sites across the UK and Europe. They are an organisation who pride themselves on employee wellbeing with an incredible benefits package which rivals any other package out there! Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an excellent customer base and have an enviable reputation for performance and chemical advancements.
This organisation have a very strong presence in sustainability and as such are carrying out market-leading research into technology to produce an innovative biological alternative to a specific speciality chemical. As a result, they are now looking to recruit a Fermentation Research Scientist to drive this fascinating research forward. They are leading the way in pioneering this exciting green technology research, with this role enabling you to join at a pivotal time and have a real input into the business’ future direction.
As a Fermentation Research Scientist, you will be responsible for: –
- Running microbial fermentation processes in the lab using 100ml flasks up to 5L bioreactors
- Investigating different process parameters such as media, microorganisms, agitation, temperature etc
- Developing and scaling up microbial fermentation processes
- Supervising plant trials, converting processes from lab-scale to plant-scale.
- Working closely with Process Development Scientists to optimise scale up process
- Liaising with various other departments of the business including Sales and Marketing
- Working with small SMEs to share process expertise
The ideal candidate will be PhD qualified in a Biological subject (ideally Biotechnology, Biological Sciences or Microbiology) and possess an understanding of microbial fermentation processes.
Experience as a Fermentation Scientist would be highly desirable, as would familiarity with bioprocess development and scale up.
You must be a self-starter with the ability to critically dissect a problem, investigate the potential causes and propose innovative solutions.
Keywords: Microbial Fermentation, Fermentation, Fermentation Scientist, Fermentation Development Scientist, Biotechnology, Fermenters, Bioreactors, Stirred Tank Bioreactor, Research Scientist, Microorganism, Biological Science, Microbiology, Cell Culture, Process Optimisation, Scale up, Yield Optimisation, Chemical Plant, Lab-Scale, Plant-Scale.Apply