Location: Based anywhere in Germany – able to travel within Europe
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of mechanical testing solutions for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of solutions to meet the high demands of industry and pride themselves on being the premier brand within their sector. They have built a strong reputation across the Mechanical Testing industry for their outstanding service and innovative approach.
As the European Sales Manager you will be responsible for: –
- Taking a lead role in managing and supporting a team of 20 staff (10 direct reports) across Europe.
- Developing and delivering the European Sales plan
- Producing sales forecasts and regional budgets
- Driving growth of my client’s multimillion-pound turnover by identifying new markets and application areas.
- Operating in a 50% key account development, 20% reporting and 30% managerial role
- Developing sales of mechanical testing solutions to end users in the Oil/Gas, Rail, Aerospace and Composite Manufacturing sectors.
- Negotiating sales contracts and agreements.
- Attending senior management meetings and presenting on European activity, future initiatives, headcount planning and your strategy to grow market share.
- Developing relationships with R&D Engineers, Technical Managers, Researchers, Engineering Managers and Directors.
- Ensuring each Regional Sales Manager delivers to regional objectives
- Keeping abreast of competitor activity
- Reporting to the Business Unit Head.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in sales management and have proven success operating in the measurement technology industry.
We wish to find an abstract thinker, a change manager, with the ability to explore and open new markets and application areas.
A business or technical education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
All applicants must possess a driven and determined sales approach and have proven success growing territory turnover and profitability.
Other key skills include:
- Excellent communication skills at both a technical and commercial level.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
- A fantastic motivator and leader of staff
Keywords: Sales Manager, European Sales Manager, DACH Manager, Business Development, Territory Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Sensors, Mechanical Testing, Test & Measurement, Measurement Technology, Materials Testing, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering