Job Ref: 115-1184
Location: Lancaster. 2/3 days remote
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile and controlled environments. They provide all services from the wall and ceiling panels to the ventilation and lighting systems used within the buildings. The company offer purpose built and modular solutions and are recognised as the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Engineering sectors.
This opportunity will allow you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
My client is seeking an Estimator to join their existing team on either the Modular or major construction team. Working alongside other Estimators and supporting the Sales and Design teams, you will be tasked with developing bespoke solutions for customers across the globe. As well as learning and understanding the current products on offer, you will also play a part in coming up with new concepts and products to support the development of the business and the product offering.
The role will involve travel to customer sites across the UK and abroad. This will typically be 50% of the time and therefore you must be willing to travel and stay away from home weekly. When not on site, you can work from the office or remotely.
Other duties will include:
- Prepare and submit quotations and cost summaries
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Be involved in all aspects for the projects from Structural Steel and Ventilation systems to Lighting and Cladding
- Effectively communicate with other departments such as Design and Sales
- Help identify new business opportunities and new products
- Visit customer sites to introduce the company products and services and come up with solutions
- Maintain up to date product knowledge
- Use of Microsoft Office to complete administrative tasks
- Maintain company CRM in relation to sales pipeline and activity
The successful candidate MUST have proven experience in an Estimating role within the Construction or Engineering industry. You will ideally have an engineering degree or a design background and have gained experience on projects up to £1 million.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Estimating role within the Construction or Engineering industry
- Hold and Engineering Degree (desirable)
- Understanding of Engineering and Technical drawings (desirable)
- Keen interest in Technology and the Construction or Engineering industry
- High level of organisation, time and task management
- Experienced in using a CRM system (desirable)
- Be self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Proficient user of Excel and full office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong communication skills
Keywords: Estimating, Estimator, Engineering, Construction, Sterile Environments, Controlled Environments, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cleanrooms, HVAC, Excel, Quote, Quotations, Bid, Cost, Cost summaries, Design, Technology, Remote, Major Projects, Modular