Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
£55K – £60K Basic + 5% Pension + 25 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a market leading manufacturer and supplier of specialist electronic equipment used within the Automotive sector.
With a multimillion pound turnover and manufacturing sites across the globe, they have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable solutions to the market.
In line with their growth plans they now wish to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the Head of Technical and be responsible for:
- Spending a large portion of your initial 1-2 years working on a major new product development project.
- Working within a team of 6 engineers. (being one of two focussing on embedded software)
- The design and development of embedded software and firmware for new and existing electronic systems.
- Generating embedded code in C and assembler language.
- A/D conversion, algorithm development and digital signal processing.
- Generating the software architecture and communication protocols on a variety of microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Testing of prototypes.
- Generating supporting documentation.
- Project Management.
This opportunity offers the chance not only to work on existing products, but play an instrumental role in the development of new products, which require completely new coding standards and system architecture.
The ideal candidate will possess a Degree, HND or HNC within an Engineering discipline and have 3+ years within Embedded Software Engineering.
Candidates must have experience on technology utilised in the Automotive sector and therefore be familiar with automotive standards such as SAE-J1939 and ISO 26262.
RTOS (real time operating systems) experience is essential, as is coding experience with C and knowledge of digital signal processing and analog to digital conversion.
All candidates must possess the ability to work to project deadlines, are a clear communicator and have the motivation to be successful within my client’s software engineering department.Apply