Are you a passionate Electronics Engineer who is enthusiastic about supplying leading components to demanding and often mission-critical hardware applications
Interested in using your circuit design skills to support customers with their hardware challenges?
Why This Company?
As a market-leading manufacturer of custom passive electronic components, they have become well-recognised for offering solutions for some of the world’s most demanding electronic designs, where stability, reliability and high-performance components are crucial.
With a multimillion-pound turnover, they have continued to dominate application areas such as military avionics, telecommunications and high-end industrial. As a newly created role, they now wish to recruit an Electronics Specialist / Applications Engineer to join their UK team.
Rewards & Benefits
- £45K – £47K Basic Salary
- 6% Pension
- 4 x Death in Service
- Travel Expenses (flights, hotels, hire car etc.)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Hols (rising with service)
- Opportunity to gain training at their international manufacturing facilities
About The Role
As an Electronics Specialist / Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Operating from my client’s southern offices
- Travelling when needed within the UK & European region (Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Scandinavia, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland) – 20% of your time
- Attending customer visits alongside the Design Engineering team
- Providing technical input to meetings and supporting major organisations within military, avionics, high-end industrial and telecommunications applications to name a few.
- Working with their R&D departments to understand their current electronic designs and challenges.
- Coming up with suitable solution proposals and component specifications that would benefit the application.
- Understanding client’s circuitry and specifying suitable components that meet their application challenges
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST be based in Reading, Newbury, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Bracknell or the surrounding area and hold qualifications in Electronic or Electrical Engineering.
You should have a solid understanding of component-level design (analogue circuit design), PCB design and be comfortable working in/with R&D to support with component specification.
You could be in a customer-facing role currently; offering electronic solutions to their needs/checking their electronic designs or alternatively, you could be working in-house for a technology manufacturer or even a contract manufacturer doing circuit design / PCB design.
It is essential you possess good communications skill and are open to travel within the UK and Europe when needed.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 141-9400
Electronic Design / Applications Engineer
Location: Living in Reading, Newbury, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Bracknell or the surrounding areas
Keywords: Applications Engineer, Field Design Engineer, Field Application Engineer, FAE, FDE, Electronics, Electronic Components, Passive Components, Avionics, Military, Product Manager, Technical Support Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, Presales Support Engineer, Post-sales Support Engineer, Support Engineer, Product Marketing Engineer, Technical Specialist, Electronics Design, R&D, Design In, Component Level Design, Electronic Design, PCB Design, Circuit Design, Analog Circuit Design.Apply