Are you a highly motivated, technically minded Electrical Design Engineer with a background in the power industry and a passion for manufacturing?
This specialist manufacturer is searching for a talented individual who is keen to progress a career in their sector.
Why This Company?
This is an opportunity to join an innovative, market-leading global manufacturing business that is a world-leading supplier of high specification, mission-critical engineering products which are used across a variety of industries globally.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for a company that trains and develops from within and provides fantastic opportunities for career progression.
Rewards & Benefits
- £35K – £45K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Bonus (up to 15%)
- Hybrid working (2 days from home)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
- Early finish Friday
About The Role
This position sits within the electrical design team, where you will be involved in the design of both bespoke and modular products within the power distribution/power protection industry. The products are used on multiple projects, including Energy, Manufacturing and Industrial.
Other duties will include:
- Use of AutoCAD to design a variety of both MV and HV electrical products, including wiring diagrams, interconnections and multicore schedules.
- Create electrical designs of products used for mission-critical, live power environments.
- Manage and update the library of standard drawings and designs.
- Create schematics, key line diagrams and single-line diagrams for a variety of power protection schemes as well as HV switchboard GA’s.
- Occasionally assist with shop floor production teams and help resolve any issues.
- Coordinating design with other services.
- Create BOM’s and full component specifications.
- Collaborating with production to ensure products are manufactured to design specifications.
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team.
It is essential you possess Electrical Engineering knowledge, be it from a university degree or from a similar role. You must also hold an Electrical Engineering or related technical qualification.
To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious individual with great communication skills and the ability to retain technical information. Due to the nature of the role, it is also essential you have strong attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing Electrical products for production using AutoCAD.
- Experience in using EPLAN would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in creating and understanding electrical schematics.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working on protection or control system designs, working to DNO standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of electrical distribution, ideally within the MV/HV industry.
- Experience in liaising with production teams and other engineering design teams.
- Have a general understanding of Mechanical Engineering in order to help coordinate with other services.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to communicate with customers and advise on technical problems.
- Awareness of ENA standards would be an advantage.
- Methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 129-0864
Electrical Design Engineer
Keywords; Electrical Design, Electrical Design Engineering, AutoCAD, Design for Manufacture, DFMA, Design, LV, Low voltage, HV, High voltage, MV, Medium Voltage, Layouts, EPLAN, Schematics, Power, Protection, Cabinets, Control Cabinet, Power distribution, PCB’s, 3D Design, Product Design, Sheet Metal, Electrical Interaction, Transformers, Sub Stations, Switchgear, DNO, OC/EF, DOC/DEF, G99, LD, BEF, BZ, TCSApply