Location: Hertfordshire – commutable from Stevenage, Bishop’s Stortford, Harlow, Welwyn Garden City, St Albans, Watford, Hitchin
Competitive Salary + Fantastic Pension Scheme + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Other Benefits
(Salary completely flexible dependent on experience)
Our client is a renowned agrochemical business who carries out critical research into the use of specialist chemical products to ensure a high calibre of crop output even under adverse conditions.
They are an organisation who prides themselves on employee wellbeing with an incredible benefits package to rival any other package out there! Recognised as a leading organisation in their field, they have an enviable reputation for performance and agrochemical advancements.
In this incredibly diverse role as a Discovery Biologist / Biochemist, you will be responsible for:-
- Conducting research into new potential specialist chemicals suitable for the use of enhancing plant growth
- Keeping abreast of scientific literature to understand any new advancements in the industry
- Conducting reviews on the viability of compounds – investigating cost, IP, efficacy etc
- Mapping out plant biochemical pathways to understand interactions, and how these are affected by a variety of adverse conditions
- Using a variety of Computational Biology software to perform a variety of in silico type studies
- Approaching a range of external organisations to gather literature and other research
- Carrying out a variety of biochemical assays including greenhouse assays to initially test product efficacy, before undergoing actual product trials
- Managing your own projects, conducting research into a variety of crop types.
The successful Discovery Biologist / Biochemist will possess a PhD in Biochemistry or another area of Biological Science.
Experience within a commercial Agricultural Chemistry / Agrochemicals environment, along with understanding of Intellectual Property, is desirable but not essential.
You must have excellent project management skills with the desire to take ownership of your own work, and enjoy a multi-faceted, incredibly diverse role.
Keywords: PhD, Research, Biochemistry, Biochemist, Biological Science, Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agrochemical, Crop Output, Crop Production, Computational Biology, Biologist, Biochemical, Biochemical Pathways, Greenhouse Assays, Scientific Literature.Apply