Location: Bath, Somerset
£25K – £35K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Bonus + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Private Healthcare
Our client is a well-established specialist cosmetic manufacturing business based in Bath, who is currently looking to add a Development Chemist to their team.
A global business with sites all over the world, this business develops bespoke cosmetic solutions across a wide range of products including skincare, haircare, cosmetics, and bath/shower to name but a few. You would be joining a company who are passionate about developing their employees with regular meetings and appraisals to drive your career development.
As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Taking on the transfer of customer formulations into the business
- Formulation and development of cosmetic products to customer specific briefs
- Reformulation of current formulations across skincare, bath & body, and haircare
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Performing specific claim substantiation tests
- Attending customer meetings as a technical point of contact
- Assisting Senior Chemists with CAPA investigations
- Liaising with multiple departments in the company including Commercial, Quality etc.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience developing a range of cosmetic products.
You will have a great understanding of the different types of emulsion-based products and their related excipients; and be confident formulating all of these.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects, with the ability to speak confidently in meetings with several representatives from global customers.
Keywords: Liquids, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Hair Care, Skincare, Skin Care, Bath & Body, Bath and Body, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up, Claim Substantiation.