Location: Preston, Lancashire
Our client is a well-established specialist cosmetic manufacturing business based in Preston who are looking to add a Development Chemist to their team. This business has very exciting growth plans over the next few years, therefore offering lots of opportunities for the right individual.
They develop bespoke solutions across a wide range of products including skincare, haircare, bath/shower and household to name but a few. You would be joining a very stable company, part of a very successful group, in a role where you can really make an impact.
As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation of a wide range of products including emulsions, liquids and sprays
- Reformulation of existing products
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Driving forward multiple projects simultaneously
- Owning responsibility for whole project from receiving the customer brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Contacting suppliers to obtain raw material questionnaires
- Liaising with the commercial team to receive the customer brief
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Regular interaction with multiple departments in the company including Production and Commercial.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience developing a range of cosmetic, personal care or household products in industry.
You will have a great understanding of the ingredients in different types of haircare, skincare and bath & body products and be confident formulating all of these.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and be comfortable picking up the phone to speak to suppliers.
Keywords: Liquids, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Hair Care, Skincare, Skin Care, Household, Sprays, Emulsions, Liquids, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up, Claim Substantiation.