Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Our client is a well-established specialist cosmetic manufacturing business based in Peterborough, who is currently looking to add 2 Development Chemists to their team. There are real opportunities for development with the company willing to pay to put candidates through a SCS diploma!
With an incredibly wide range of products across bath and body, skincare and luxury to name but a few; you would be joining a company who are passionate about promoting internally at an exciting time with the business growing year on year.
As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and reformulation of a huge range of cosmetic products
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, from taking the customer brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Contacting suppliers to procure raw materials
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Liaising with multiple departments in the company including Quality, Packaging, Sales etc
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience as a Development Chemist in a cosmetic company.
Experience formulating liquids and creams would be highly desirable, ideally in the skincare or haircare sectors.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and be comfortable communicating with all colleagues at all levels.
Keywords: Liquids, Creams, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Skincare, Hair Care, Skin Care, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Formulation Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up.