Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
£23K – £30K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Flex Working + 22 Days Holiday + Pension
Our client is a well-established specialist cosmetic manufacturing business based near Ipswich who are looking to add a Development Chemist to their team. This business has very exciting growth plans over the next few years, therefore offering lots of opportunities for the right individual.
They develop bespoke solutions across a wide range of products including skincare, haircare and bath/shower to name but a few. You would be joining a very stable company in a role where you can really progress up the ladder should you demonstrate the right attributes.
As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation of a wide range of products including emulsions, liquids and masks
- Reformulation of existing products
- Carrying out stability and compatibility testing
- Driving forward multiple projects simultaneously
- Owning responsibility for whole project from receiving the customer brief through to supervising initial production and scale up trials
- Liaising with the commercial team to receive the customer brief
- Attending internal meetings to discuss progress of projects
- Regular interaction with multiple departments in the company including Production and Commercial.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience developing a range of cosmetic or personal care products in industry.
You will have a great understanding of the ingredients in different types of haircare, skincare and bath & body products and be confident formulating all of these.
You must be able to take responsibility for a multitude of projects and be comfortable communicating with staff at all levels in different departments.
Keywords: Liquids, Cosmetics, Cosmetic Science, Haircare, Hair Care, Skincare, Skin Care, Emulsions, Liquids, R&D, Research & Development, Formulation Chemist, Development Chemist, GMP, Stability, Compatibility, Scale Up, Claim Substantiation.Apply