Are you an experienced, passionate Commercial professional looking for a role within a global manufacturer?
Ready for a new challenge? This market leading manufacturer is searching for a confident, driven Commercial Officer/Quantity Surveyor to lead and provide commercial support for both their own teams and external customer base.
Why This Company?
This company is a market leading provider of electrical engineering technology used across a diverse range of commercial and industrial facilities.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply. This is a great opportunity for a senior advisor to take the next step in their career and obtain some solid management experience.
Rewards & Benefits
- £40K – £45K Basic Salary
- Flexible working
- 20 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Early finish Friday
About The Role
This position sits within the Sales team and reports into the Chief Operating Officer. You will be tasked with providing commercial support including the review and negotiation of contracts and variations to help safeguard the business. This role offers you the opportunity to learn new laws and regulations within different countries and therefore the chance to broaden your knowledge and develop your career.
Other duties will include:
- Provide commercial support in the review and negotiation of contracts and contract variations with the aim of establishing clear obligations and acceptable liabilities to safeguard the business interests
- Involvement in a variety of contracts including JCT, NEC, bespoke, bilateral, cost-plus and fixed price as well as others
- Helping with 360 reviews on cost value reconciliation and where improvement is required
- Support and assist Project Managers in execution of the contracts and conduct risk management providing warning of any issues and / or risks
- Act as the commercial interface with customers and effectively manage commercial relationships
- Conduct workshops with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- Drive fresh initiatives for business systems
- Use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements / changes
- Identify the process changes required to introduce your recommendations, alongside clear identification of risks
- Solid reporting skills to allow clear and concise reporting
- Experience reporting findings and recommendations to senior management and above
You will be strong in negotiation, thorough in reviewing contracts and have at least 3 years’ experience in a Commercial role within the Engineering or Manufacturing industry.
Other key skills include:
- Proven commercial experience, able to demonstrate a solid understanding of a variety of contracts
- Ideally have a relevant qualification such as Quantity Surveying or Law
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating confidence and drive with the ability to challenge, influence and communicate effectively to different audiences
- Working to deadlines with a good attention to detail
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Strong internal and external relationship building skills
- Confident under pressure and able to handle multifaceted objectives
- Excellent work ethic with confidentiality
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 126-339
Commercial Officer / Quantity Surveyor
Location: Kendal (2 days per week WFH / 3 days in the office)
Keywords: Commercial, Contracts, Contract reviews, Negotiation, Contract variations, Data modelling, Reporting, Operational improvements, Strategic improvements, Risk ManagementApply