Job Ref: 120-4238
£35K – £45K Basic + Training + Flexible working + Hybrid working options + Pension + 24 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a well-established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a hugely successful, growing business who have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Building Structures and Water.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins and repeat business. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This role will require you to complete detailed drawings for both Civil and Structural projects, with a strong focus on Rail projects working on Bridges, Stations and Drainage. as well as other tasks such as fee quotes, document control and other admin tasks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and progress your career through learning new software and BIM standards. Training on Revit, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage are all possible for the right individual.
Other duties will include:
- Prepare detailed drawings for Civil & Structural projects using AutoCAD
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, contractors and the engineering team
- Lead projects on the drawing side
- Work on multiple projects at any one time
- Use Engineer models and sketches to produce detailed drawings
- Attend sites and attend design meetings
The successful candidate will have a solid background within the Civil / Structural industry and have experience in providing CAD drawings for both industries. You will also be hands on, have a can-do attitude and be innovative, offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a Civil / Structural Technician role
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (essential)
- Knowledge of Revit, Civil 3D or MicroDrainage (desirable, not essential)
- Experience in leading projects (desired, not essential)
- Experience with structural steel and/or reinforced concrete (essential)
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: CAD, Design Technician, AutoCAD, Building Structures, 2D Design, Steel, Concrete, Reinforced concrete, Structural Steel, Structures, Structural, Civil, Civil Engineering, Construction, Revit, CAD Technician, Bridges, Rail, Earthworks, Drainage, StationsApply