Location: North Manchester
£25K – £40K Basic + Bonus + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a small, well established Civil / Structural consultancy operating in a variety of markets, both locally and nationally. Since its launch, over 15 years ago, the business has built up a superb reputation in delivering some of the most complex Civil and Structural projects in the UK. Some of the projects they are currently involved in include Retail, Office blocks and Industrial.
If you are looking to work for a well-established company with an excellent reputation, then please apply.
Being a small business, all staff members are hands on and get involved in a variety of tasks within the office. This role will require you to complete detailed drawings for both Civil and Structural projects, as well as other tasks such as fee quotes, document control and other admin tasks.
Other duties will include: –
- Prepare detailed drawings for Civil & Structural projects using AutoCAD
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, contractors and the engineering team
- Lead projects on the drawing side
- Work on multiple projects at any one time
- Use Engineer models and sketches to produce detailed drawings
- Attend sites and attend design meetings
The successful candidate will have a solid background within the Civil / Structural industry and have experience in providing CAD drawings for both industries. You will also be hands on, have a can-do attitude and be innovative, offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Civil / Structural Technician role
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (essential)
- Knowledge of Revit (desirable, not essential)
- Experience in leading projects (desired, not essential)
- Experience with structural steel and/or reinforced concrete (essential)
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: CAD, Design Technician, AutoCAD, Building Structures, 2D Design, Steel, Concrete, Reinforced concrete, Structural Steel, Structures, Structural, Civil, Civil Engineering, Construction, Revit