Job Ref: 120-4237
£30K – £40K Basic + Training + Support with Chartership + Pension + Flexible working + Benefits
My client is a well-established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a hugely successful, growing business who have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Building Structures and Water.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins and repeat business. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
Working closely with Technicians and other Engineers, you will work on a variety of projects getting involved in both the Civil and Structural aspects of projects. There will be an initial focus on Rail related Structures. The role will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once/twice a month).
Other duties will include:
- Designing a variety of civil/structural schemes.
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Tedds and Robot.
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and reports.
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources.
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver assignments.
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors, and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a related subject and have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering. You will have demonstrable project experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. MSc is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience, rail experience is highly desirable.
- Be proactive in your personal development, desire to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Technical knowledge and some experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports.
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Site survey experience.
- Familiar with UK industry procedures, British standards and eurocodes.
- Willingness to support other team members.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
- Full driving licence.
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Drainage, Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Roads, Site Surveys, Inspections, Rail, EarthworksApply