My client is a reputable, well established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy based close to Manchester Airport. The business launched over 40 years ago and has since made a real name for itself having offered design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Commercial and Industrial.
With a consistent workflow and further projects recently awarded, my client is going from strength to strength and have grown steadily over the past few years. They are now looking to add to their team further with the appointment of an Intermediate Civil/Structural Engineer.
If you are graduate with at least 2 years’ experience and are looking to take your career to the next level with a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
Working closely with Technicians and other Engineers, you will work in a variety of projects getting involved in both the Civil and Structural aspects of projects. There will be an initial focus on a large mixed-use development. The role will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once/twice a month).
Other duties will include: –
- Designing a variety of civil / structural schemes.
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Tedds.
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and reports.
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver assignments
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors, and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a related subject and have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering. You will have demonstrable project experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. MSc is desirable
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- Be proactive in your personal development, desire to become a Chartered Engineer
- Technical knowledge and some experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Site survey experience
- Familiar with UK industry procedures, British standards and eurocodes
- Willingness to support other team members
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Drainage, Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Roads, Site Surveys, Inspections