£25K – £35K Basic + Bonus + Support with Chartership + Flexible working + Pension + Benefits
My client is a reputable, well established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the country. The business launched over 40 years ago and has since gone from strength to strength having offered design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Commercial, Education and Industrial.
With a consistent workflow and further projects recently awarded, my client is looking to expand all of their teams, across most of their offices. They are now looking to add to their Leeds team with the appointment of a Civil Engineer.
If you are graduate with at least 2 years’ experience and are looking to take your career to the next level with a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
Working closely with Technicians and other Engineers, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects. There will be an initial focus on infrastructure and highways schemes. The role will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once/twice a month).
Other duties will include: –
- Designing a variety of civil schemes
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Tedds
- Use of a variety of software to produce drawings and calculations, such as, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and PDS
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and reports
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver assignments
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors, and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a related subject and have a passion for Civil Engineering. You will have demonstrable project experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. MSc is desirable
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microdrainage (desirable)
- Be proactive in your personal development, desire to become a Chartered Engineer
- Technical knowledge and some experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Site survey experience
- Familiar with UK industry procedures, British standards and eurocodes
- Willingness to support other team members
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence
Keywords: Civil, Civil Engineering, Highways, Infrastructure, Civil 3D, Microdrainage, PDS, TEDDs, AutoCAD, Design, Drainage, Engineering, Eurocodes, Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Site Surveys, Inspections, Flow