Location: Thame, Oxfordshire (commutable from Oxford, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Bicester)
£25K – £38K Basic (dependent upon experience) + Bonus + Company Car + Private Healthcare + Subsidised Gym Membership + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Benefits
We are currently partnering with a well-known speciality chemical business with sites in the UK and Europe. They are an organisation who places a strong emphasis on employee training and development, and with the business continuing to grow, this will only bring about more exciting opportunities for the right person. Recognised as a leading distributor in their field, they boast an excellent customer base and pride themselves on providing outstanding levels of customer service.
If you’re a scientific graduate who has realised that a career in the labs isn’t for you then this is the role for you!
As a Technical Account Manager, you will be responsible for:-
- Frequently travelling around the UK to sell speciality chemicals for specific markets
- Travelling to customer sites to develop and nurture existing relationships
- Taking responsibility for the whole product range, identifying and targeting opportunities for sales
- Spending 60% of your time managing existing accounts of manufacturers
- Attending seminars and exhibitions (both nationally and internationally)
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Directors, Technical Managers, Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from the customer base
- Liaising with the Development Chemists for the creation of new formulations
- Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities.
Due to the technical nature of the role, a Chemical degree (or equivalent) is essential as is an understanding of a variety of chemicals and their related properties.
Ideally, you will possess past experience selling chemicals to manufacturers and will be confident in engaging with customers at a multitude of levels.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Able to operate autonomously
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel across the UK, with nights away.
Keywords: UK Chemical Sales, Chemicals, Technical Sales, Export Sales, Sales Representative, Sales Manager, Business Development, Account Management, Account Manager, Chemical Supplier, Speciality Chemicals, Chemistry, Performance Chemicals, Additives, Chemical Distributor, Distribution Sales.Apply