Location: York, Yorkshire
Hours: Mon – Fri (8:30am – 5:00pm)
£25K – £35K Basic + Fantastic benefits package
Our client is a globally known chemical business with manufacturing sites across the UK and Europe. They are an organisation who pride themselves on employee wellbeing with an incredible benefits package which rivals any other package out there! Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an excellent customer base comprising of some of the most successful brands in the world and have an enviable reputation for performance and chemical advancements.
Working in a small team of 4, you will be based at their Yorkshire site and be responsible for:
- Supporting new and existing products in Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs
- Providing site support in document delivery
- Becoming a subject matter expert in chemical legislations
- Potentially specializing in EU Detergent and EU Food Contact Regulations long-term
- Creating new and amending existing Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in line with EU REACH, CLP and GHS regulations
- Creating labels, statements and toxicological summaries
- Performing data maintenance on SAP EHS – ensuring the data supports the chemical classifications
- Testing any updates to SAP EHS
- Liaising with external manufacturing sites as a technical point of contact
- Answering any direct customer queries the from manufacturing sites
The ideal candidate will be degree-level qualified in a scientific subject and possess an understanding of chemicals and their related properties.
Experience within a regulatory affairs or product safety/product stewardship in a chemical setting would be highly desirable, as would familiarity with REACH, CLP and GHS.
You must be self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and take ownership of your own work and projects.
Keywords: REACH, CLP, GHS, SDS, MSDS, safety data sheet, regulatory affairs, product safety, chemicals, SAP EHS, chem reg affairs, chemical reg affairs.Apply