Location: North West – Manchester, Warrington, St Helens, Leigh, Bolton or surrounding
My client is a long-standing and well established chemical supplier who is looking to recruit a dynamic individual to join their team and manage one of their key accounts. This is an exciting opportunity for a chemical graduate who is looking to take their career away from the lab and into a more client-facing role.
A multi-million pound turnover business, this company are a genuine specialist in their marketplace with their products really making an impact on the world. They sell their products globally and last year expanded into 12 new countries!
As a Chemical Key Account Representative, you will be responsible for:-
- Managing 1 key account, a customer based in Scotland
- Processing orders – regular liaison with the customer to provide updates on order regarding delivery date, making any required amendments etc
- Creating and distributing Certificates of Analysis (CoAs) and batch numbers
- Organising logistics and transport – creating delivery notes and labels
- Forging both external solid relationships with raw material suppliers and the customer as well as internal relationships with a variety of internal departments including production, R&D, supply chain and logistics
- Delivering bi-annual business reviews (tonnage volumes processed, areas in which real value has been added, challenges overcame etc)
- Monthly or quarterly travel to Scotland to visit the customer site
- Involvement in company marketing – creating brochures, visiting global exhibitions
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a related discipline and be passionate about using their chemical knowledge in a client-facing role.
Knowledge of the principles and importance of water treatment would be highly desirable, but is not essential.
You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time and be confident building relationships with people at all levels.
Keywords: Chemicals, Technical Account Representative, Technical Account Management, Account Management, Chemical Supplier, Performance Chemicals, Water Treatment, Key Account Management.