Job Ref: 117-9378
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
My client is a market leading manufacturer, recognised for their ability to offer the full cycle of a project, from design to installation, they have become a key provider to some huge clients across the globe. They are key players on a variety of projects such as Mixed-use Commercial developments, Data Centres and Industrial units.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position will offer a variety of work within the design process with a focus on electrical services. Reporting into the BIM Manager and Engineering Manager, you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects, working with some of the world’s most well-known brands.
The role will involve occasional travel to sites across the UK, ~10% of time annually, and therefore you must hold a UK driving license and own a car.
Other duties will include:
- Use of Revit to design and model products and services
- Create and deliver Digital models and manage information of the design from bid stage to installation
- Create and maintain BIM / Revit families for bespoke products
- Lead a variety of projects, liaise with clients to obtain requirements and work with BIM team to deliver each project
- Coordinating design with other services
- Collaborating with production to ensure products are manufactured to design specifications
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team
- Completing site surveys
- Delivering full BIM coordination including usage of BIM360 and Clash Detection features
The successful candidate will have a passion for Digital Engineering, the Building Services industry and Design for Manufacture, as well as BIM standards and processes. You will also be proficient in the use of Revit and be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience using Revit in a Building Services environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of BIM and associated standards
- Proven knowledge and experience of Coordination or multiple services
- Experience in BIM360 or AutoDesk Docs
- Clash detection experience using Navisworks (beneficial not essential)
- Experience in the use of Inventor (beneficial not essential)
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Site survey experience (beneficial not essential)
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: BIM, Electrical Design, Design Technician, CAD, Revit, Revit MEP, Mechanical Electrical Piping, Building Services, Coordinator, Building Information Modelling, 3D Design, Coordination, BIM 360, Modelling, MEP, Revit Coordinator, BIM Coordinator, Navisworks, Inventor, DFMA, Manufacturing