Are you an experienced Principal or Associate Structural Engineer looking to grow your own team and establish a new office within an award-winning consultancy?
Ready for a new challenge? This well-established, multi – disciplinary engineering business are looking to make a key appointment as their business branches out to the West Yorkshire area.
Why This Company?
This organisation is an award winning Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a well-established business and offer design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Commercial and Industrial.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, they have gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, future growth and are committed to opening a new office in West Yorkshire, then please apply.
Rewards & Benefits
- £60K – £70K Basic Salary
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working
- 25 Days Holiday+ Public Holidays
- Birthday off
About The Role
This position will offer a variety of work within the Structural industry with an initial focus on Inspections and Designs of a number of hotels. Other projects will include Heritage sites, Schools and Office blocks.
You will take an active role in managing and building a team as well as actively seeking opportunities to develop new business and bring in work. The role will be remote until an office location is identified, hybrid once in the office and will involve travel across the West Yorkshire region.
It will suit an already established Associate who is looking for a new role with complete autonomy, or an experienced, ambitious Principal who is looking to step up.
Other duties will include:
- Designing a variety of structural schemes
- Recruiting and managing a team of Engineers, Technicians and Support staff
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Robot
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and prepare reports
- Be proactive in business development
- Take the lead on projects and conduct design reviews and checks
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians offering support and mentorship to junior staff members
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
- Mentoring others to aid the growth & development of the design department
The successful candidate will be Chartered (or near) with ICE or IStructE and have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering. You will have demonstrable project lead experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered or working towards chartership
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- Proven business development skills
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator with a client facing approach
- Site survey experience
- Proven team management skills
- Familiar with UK industry procedures, British standards and eurocodes.
- Willingness to support other team members
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 117-6288
Associate Structural Engineer
Location: West Yorkshire
Keywords: Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Bridges, Nuclear, Site Surveys, Inspections, Building Structures, Commercial, Industrial, Hotels, Heritage, Associate, Director, Business Development, StructuresApply