Location: Hertfordshire – Based in Edgware, Borehamwood, St Albans, Watford, Enfield, Barnet, Hemel Hempstead, Hatfield or surrounding
£28K – £35K Basic + 10% Pension + 4 X Life Insurance + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Flexitime + Benefits
My client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacture of specialist equipment used across a diverse range of industries including the Automotive, Life Science and Oil/Gas sector. Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification systems that meet the demands of industry.
In line with their strategic growth plans, they now wish to recruit an Assembly Technician to join their team.
Operating from my client’s workshop, you will work in a growing team of Assembly Technicians and be responsible for:-
- Following weekly project work schedules which can involve working on up to 6 systems at any time.
- Working to project delivery deadlines.
- Spending 95% of your time assembling and testing new equipment and 5% on the repair and diagnosis of returned equipment.
- Working on a bespoke range of pressurised systems which can range in value from £30K to £200K.
- Completing mechanical testing of components such as pumps, motors etc and preparing test documentation.
- Working is collaboration with the Project, Electrical and Applications Engineering team.
- If needed, on the rare occasion attending customer site.
- Working with procurement to ensure parts required are available for each project.
To be considered for this Assembly Technician / Mechanical Engineer opening, the successful candidate MUST possess a minimum of 2-3 years proven success within a Mechanical Assembly role.
Experience with pressurised systems would be beneficial, but not essential as would a HNC, HND, Degree or Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering.
A driving license isn’t required for this role.
Other key skills include:
- I.T literate (as my client’s equipment integrates with software)
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised with an attention to detail
- Any exposure to welding, tube bending, pillar drills, fabrication of brackets, pumps, motors or compression fittings would be beneficial.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Assembly Technician, Pumps, Motors, Fabrication, Pillar Drills, Test Engineer, Test Technician, Mechanical Testing, Assembling Equipment, Systems Engineer.Apply