Location: Covering Northwest & Yorkshire (M62 corridor)
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile environments. They provide all services from the wall and ceiling panels to the ventilation and lighting systems used within the buildings. The company offer purpose built and modular solutions. The business is recognised as the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Engineering sectors.
This opportunity will allow you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
My client is seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager to lead new business development and key account management in the Northwest and Yorkshire territory. You will be tasked with winning new accounts and securing repeat business in a number of sectors such as Engineering, Automotive and Healthcare. You will build a pipeline of new business opportunities to help support the profit and revenue objectives of the business.
The role will involve travel to customer sites across the Northwest and Yorkshire, with an expectation to spend an average of one/two nights away per month. You will also be required to travel to my client’s head office in the Northwest once per month.
Other duties will include: –
- Identify new business opportunities, through both proactive and reactive sales techniques
- Sell a variety of purpose built and modular cleanroom solutions, understanding the products and solutions included such as anti-bacterial coatings, precision lighting and fibre-free cores
- Identify and grow key accounts in the region
- Visit customer sites to introduce the company products and services
- Maintain up to date product knowledge
- Work closely with the other Sales Engineers in order to share knowledge and leads
- Work closely with other sales teams in order to cross sell products and share leads
- Meet annual revenue and profit targets
- Maintain company CRM in relation to sales pipeline and activity
The successful candidate MUST have proven experience in a technical sales role and be comfortable operating in a field-based role. You will ideally have a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar) and have gained experience securing relevant contracts with a diverse range of businesses.
Other key skills include:
- Ability to identify, pursue and maximise new business opportunities
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (desirable)
- Recent experience in a technical sales role
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to win business and deliver and manage large accounts
- Proven ability to develop business both proactively and reactively
- Be self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Proven ability to negotiate at all levels
Keywords: Sales, BD, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Business Development, Area Sales Manager, Territory Sales, Regional Sales, Field Sales, BDM, B2B, Business to Business, Business 2 Business, Cleanrooms, Sterile Environments, Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Negotiation, Negotiate, Repeat Business, New Business, Construction, HVAC