Are you a driven sales professional with direct experience within the lift/elevator industry? Or do you have working knowledge of how a lift/elevator operates and have the desire to transfer your skills and knowledge into a sales environment?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to take over my clients highest performing area, covering the South of the UK. This specialist technology manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded, ambitious, and driven sales professional to maintain and enhance their established grip in this exciting and growing industry.
Why This Company?
With a rich history in their sector, my client has become recognised for their quality, expertise, and aftercare. The variety of technical solutions, innovative design, and reliability in the market, along with their highly skilled team have contributed significantly to their continued success within the industry.
Already recognised as an industry leader, my client has continued to produce new equipment configurations and solutions to suit everchanging needs, allowing sustained success in securing contracts with a diverse range of clients and marketplaces.
About The Role
As the Area Sales Manager, you will take over my client’s highest performing area, covering the South of the UK, and be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team of 4 sales professionals across the UK.
- Spending approximately 4 days per week on the road, conducting multiple meetings with customers and 1 day from home.
- Covering the South of the UK, your area will span southwards of Milton Keynes, including South Wales and the Southeast. However, 95% of your time will be spent in and around London and the Home Counties, with particular attention paid to East London and the Kent corridor.
- Managing an area with a current turnover of £8m +.
- Operating to a 60% Account Management and 40% New Business strategy, in a sector expected to grow by around 5% next year.
- Sourcing your own leads whilst taking advantage of the leads generated by internal resources,
- Assessing and understanding clients’ requirements to allow you to specify the best solution.
- Selling a wide range of industry equipment to Lift Contractors, Specifiers, Local Authorities, Consultants and Health & Education authorities,
- Learning company products, priorities, and various programmes.
It is essential that you have working knowledge in the Lift/Elevator sector (minimum 3 years+), with a technical understanding of how they operate, alongside the necessary rules and regulations.
You will need to be able to read lift specifications and be able to specify the best solutions.
To fit the right profile, you will be a professional and organised individual, with an outgoing personality that befits a customer facing role.
To be ideally located, you will live in and around London and the Home Counties. You will also need a Full Driving License.
Other key skills:
- Must be literate and numerate.
- Articulate communicator and influencer.
- Comfortable liaising with professionals from shopfloor to Engineers and Managing Directors.
- A passion to move into a consultative sales environment.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to adapt and learn.
Job Ref: 132-4060
Area Sales Manager – Elevators
Location: Covering the South of the UK (95% in and around London and Home Counties with particular focus on London East and the Kent corridor).
Keywords: Sales Exec, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Exec, Area Sales Executive, New Business, Business Development Manager, Business Development Exec, Business Development Executive, Regional Sales, Field Sales, Territory Sales, External Sales, Outside Sales, Specification Sales, Specification Engineer, Sales Engineer, Lift, Elevator, Lift Control, Lift Monitoring, Autodialler, Lift Destination Control, Lift Controller