Are you a proven sales professional within the bulk material handling sector, with a strong mechanical understanding to offer bespoke systems/machines for various applications?
This market-leading manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded, and driven sales professional to manage their highest-performing territory.
Why This Company?
A market-leading material handling manufacturer, who designs and manufactures tailored equipment for a wide range of industries. Developing relationships with customers for over 50 years and renowned for their durable and bespoke applications, my client specifies and manufactures equipment for some of the biggest projects in the UK.
If you are looking to work for a well-established company with strong financial backing, whilst retaining a family feel, then this is the opportunity for you.
Rewards & Benefits
- £42K – £57K Basic
- Car Allowance
- Uncapped Commission (approx. 10% – 20% of basic)
- 22 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
- Further Training and Development Opportunities
About The Role
As the Area Sales Manager (East), you will take over the company’s most important and profitable area. The area spans from Newcastle down to Southend-On-Sea, with a particular focus on the company’s key clients in Norfolk, Suffolk, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire.
Spending approximately 3-4 days on the road and 1-2 days from home you will be responsible for:
- Developing a strong understanding of company products, applications, and customers’ bespoke requirements.
- Creating and implementing a sales strategy to meet company objectives.
- Attending the office 1-2 times a month to attend sales meetings and report on activity with senior management and fellow ASMs.
- Maintaining and eventually growing an area with a current turnover of £3.5m.
- Managing enquiries and quotations from over 400 existing accounts, ranging from £500 to £500K.
- Meeting new customers in current and potentially new industries, and presenting/specifying company products and bespoke solutions.
- Following up on company-generated leads and market trend information, as well as dormant and underspending accounts.
- Working with the internal sales team and in-house industry experts to provide customers with specific and bespoke equipment for varying needs.
- Keeping an up-to-date CRM.
You must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience selling capital equipment/machines such as conveyors, elevating, lifting, or material handling systems. If you have gained this experience selling into the Animal feed, Grain Storage, Mineral or Brewing & Malting sectors this would be highly advantageous.
You will require a Full UK Driving License and must be open to covering the whole of the East of England.
To be successful you must have a strong mechanical engineering understanding, either from education or experience. It would be beneficial if you have previous hand’s-on experience from installation, servicing, or maintenance roles before you successfully transitioned into a sales role, however, you won’t be discounted if you have a strong sales record.
Other key skills:
- Strong customers focus.
- A desire to succeed.
- A passion for technical sales.
- Articulate communicator and influencer.
- Highly motivated.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Strong account management skills, whilst enjoying winning/developing new business.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 138-6641
Area Sales Manager – Conveyors
Location: East of England
Keywords: Sales Exec, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Exec, Area Sales Executive, New Business, Business Development Manager, Business Development Exec, Business Development Executive, Regional Sales, Field Sales, Territory Sales, External Sales, Sales Engineer, Outside Sales, Capital Equipment Sales, Material Handling, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Factory Automation, Process Machinery, Process Equipment, Handling Systems, Material Handling, Conveyors, Elevators, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Animal Feed industry, Grain Storage, Mineral Industry, Brewing & Malting IndustryApply