Are you an experienced Applications / Tender Engineer / Proposals Engineer with knowledge of flow control or fluid handling systems?
Desire to find a business that offers fully remote or even hybrid working?
This well-established, market-leading manufacturer, system integrator and installer is searching for a well-rounded Applications / Tender / Proposals Engineer to join their growing team.
Why This Company?
A market-leading manufacturer and installer with a strong heritage spanning over 40 years and has delivered solutions for some of the most prestigious waste / clean water projects in the UK.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are willing to mentor, develop and help employees achieve their personal and professional goals, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Rewards & Benefits
- £45K – £52K Basic Salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service (x3)
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
About The Role
My client is seeking an Applications / Tender / Proposals Engineer to support the sales and design team in creating solutions and quotations for a variety of fully built pump skids, significantly reducing the need for on-site labour.
You will be tasked with developing bespoke solutions for customers across the UK (mainly operating in water and quarrying industries), using specifications and drawings to create quotations and ensure the technical and commercial accuracy of bids.
Other duties will include:
- Prepare & submit quotations and cost summaries for flow control packages & solutions.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Recommend resources required to deliver each project on time and on budget.
- Consider and apply commercial and technical solutions to reduce internal costs and maintain profit margins.
- Conducting site surveys and assessments when needed (1-2 times per week maximum).
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Provide technical support to clients and colleagues.
- Effectively communicate with other departments such as Design and Sales.
- Play a key role in communicating and documenting activity to the Project Manager.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Applications Engineer, Tender Engineer or Proposals Engineer role within the flow control or fluid handling market.
Paying close attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications to provide accurate estimations.
As a Tender / Proposals Engineer, you will have a great engineering understanding. Any formal Engineering qualification such as a degree would be highly beneficial.
You must have a Full Driving License. Other key skills include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- High level of organisation, time and task management.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Technically and commercially minded.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 139-6906
Applications / Tender / Proposals Engineer
Location: Based anywhere in the South of England
Keywords: Tender, Tenders, Proposals, Proposal, Estimator, Bids, Estimating, Bid, Applications Engineer, Application Engineer, Quote, Quotation, Specifications, Drawings, Technical, Bid Engineer, CAD, Building Services, Valves, Pumps, Pump Skids, Flow Control, Fluid Handling, Water Treatment, CDM regs, CDM, CDM Regulations, Costing, Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering, Cost, Pricing, RFQ, Request for Quotation, Wastewater, Waste Water, Clean WaterApply