Location: Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
£25K – £32K Basic (Dependent upon experience) + Bonus + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Our client is a well-established specialist manufacturing business based in Merthyr Tydfil and are looking for an Analytical Development Chemist to join their team. Part of a very successful group, this GMP regulated organisation has recently completed a multi-million pound expansion from which they manufacture a wide range of pharmaceutical products.
Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an excellent customer base comprising of some of the most successful brands in the world and have an enviable reputation for innovation and technical advancements.
As an Analytical Development Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
- Method optimisation and validation (to ICH guidelines) for new and existing methods
- Advanced preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Troubleshooting of chromatograms (split peaks, missing peaks, ghost peaks etc)
- Creation of SOPs and protocols for new equipment recently installed in the lab
- Updating SOPs, protocols and other associated documentation for instrumentation
- Using a variety of analytical equipment including HPLC, GC, UV, FT-IR, NIR and Raman.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience developing, optimising and validating HPLC methods to ICH guidelines.
Experience troubleshooting equipment, chromatograms and methods in a GMP environment is essential.
You must be self-motivated and highly organised to manage multiple projects, with a keen desire to obtain a role in a leading organisation.
Keywords: HPLC, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, GC, Gas Chromatography, GMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting, SOP.Apply