Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28K – £40K (Dependent upon experience) + 25 Days Holiday + Flexible Working
Our client is an exciting start-up business who have developed a ground-breaking new separation technology in the production of an innovative biological alternative to a specific speciality chemical. As a result, they are now looking to recruit an Analytical Chemist to drive the growth of the business forward by bringing their Quality Control testing in house.
This company are leading the way in pioneering this exciting green technology research, with this role enabling you to join at a pivotal time in the newly created Analytical department, with input into the procurement of a brand new HPLC system!
As an Analytical Chemist, you will be based at their Manchester site and be responsible for:
- Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
- Method optimisation and validation for newly developed methods
- Changing columns or troubleshooting the HPLC instrumentation to clear blockages etc
- Troubleshooting of chromatograms (split peaks, missing peaks, ghost peaks)
- Creation of SOPs and protocols for the soon to be installed HPLC in the lab
- Elements of more routine work including sample preparation and extraction
- Performing wet chemistry analysis including titrations, pH and moisture content
- Providing technical expertise to senior management.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven experience developing, optimising and validating HPLC methods.
Experience troubleshooting equipment, chromatograms and methods in an ISO accredited environment is essential.
You must also be flexible to undergo more routine work including sample preparation, sample extraction, wet chemistry analysis etc due to the Analytical department being very newly created.
Keywords: GLP, Good Laboratory Practice, HPLC, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, ISO17025, ISO9001, SOP, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting, Team Leader, Senior Analyst.Apply