Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25K – £30K Basic + 21 Days Holiday + Free Parking + Perks
Our client is a well-established specialist chemical manufacturing business based in Manchester. This ISO9001 accredited organisation are now looking to add an Analytical Chemist to their team, a great role for somebody keen to really progress and develop their career.
Manufacturing chemicals that are used by millions of people worldwide, this very successful business are in the process of bringing one of their testing methods in house, a project that you would be heading up.
As an Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Performing in-process and finished product QC testing
- Using a wide range of analytical instrumentation including GC-MS, GC-FID and HPLC
- Developing and validating methods for testing a groundbreaking product
- Changing columns or troubleshooting the instrumentation to clear blockages etc
- Working with the formulation department to research ingredients, reverse engineer competitor products etc
- Writing analytical reports and other subsequent documentation
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience with HPLC, GC-MS or GC-FID.
You will need to have experience in developing and validating methods for analysis, as well as the confidence to troubleshoot any issues with the aforementioned instrumentation.
You must be organised to manage multiple projects, with the desire and motivation to take your analytical chemistry career to that next level.
Keywords: GC, Gas Chromatography, GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, ISO9001, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting.Apply