Location: London, Zones 1-6
£35K – £40K Basic + up to £20K Commission + London Zones 1-6 Travel Card + £1K+ Lunch Allowance + Pension + Dental + Healthcare + Life Insurance + Childcare Vouchers + 27 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Benefits
Our client is an innovator in the microscopy field and has continued to grow at an impressive rate. They have both the revenue and structure to sustain the long term development and advancement of employees. Their equipment is relied upon in the academic, research and industrial sectors allowing them to become recognised across the globe as a leader in their field.
Operating from a home office the successful candidate will be given the autonomy required to develop their territory.
You will be selling my client’s range of highly complex and multi-functional research equipment for the use in University’s (70%) and Research Laboratory’s (30%).
Other responsibilities will include;
- Managing and growing new (20%) and existing customers (80%).
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Developing and owning the sales plan for your assigned territory.
- Handling customer enquiries with confidence, providing excellent service to maintain existing relationships.
- Consulting with customers on the best solution for their needs and application.
- Building new and existing relationships with Professors and Researchers.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Following up and qualifying sales leads.
- Conducting product and equipment demonstrations.
- Producing quotations and negotiating with customers.
- Providing input in to tenders and bids.
- Promoting the business at trade shows, seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the life science / microscopy industry.
My client is willing to consider both candidates with existing scientific sales experience and BSc/MSc/PhD educated life scientist with post-degree laboratory experience (practical experience in microscopy and imaging) if they possess the drive and motivation to move into scientific sales.
Other essential requirements:
- A confident communicator with the ability to discuss complex technical matters to both technical and non-technical professionals.
- A full UK driving licence.